Written by: Aiya Rodjel
For the past two years, the country has constantly been monitoring the latest guidelines set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases. Since the worldwide pandemic was first announced, people in the country have been on the lookout for the government’s latest guidelines.
At first, only the National Capital Region was affected by the alert level system. Public transportation became limited, and health centers were restricted. All the agencies of the government had to band together for the best way to move forward. Needless to say, everything has changed.
Having access to fiber internet for home from a robust internet provider in the Philippines has been key for everyday people and businesses to be updated with the latest alert level status in the country. The alert level system has guided the general public on how to go about their business and daily lives. At the end of February, the IATF announced that there would be a nationwide implementation for Alert level 1. What does this mean exactly?
What are the minimum public health standards for Alert Level 1?
According to the IATF’s guidelines for alert level 1, there are no indoor and outdoor capacities restrictions. Essentially, restaurants and other accommodation establishments can accommodate up to full seating capacity. Everyone can travel within the city or country without restrictions.
In turn, indoor establishments such as concert halls and private offices are allowed to operate at full capacity. On-site work is permitted as long as proper preventive measures are followed.
Meanwhile, face-to-face classes for primary education are still up to the discretion of the president’s office. College and secondary classes are expected to resume shortly.
While being under Alert level 1 gives the impression that things are back to normal, there are still rules to be followed. There are still relevant rules to be followed to safeguard the health and safety of people.
Protocols to be observed under Alert level 1
- Regardless of vaccination status, everyone above the age of two is expected to wear well-fitted masks at all times. This rule applies to outdoors or in indoor private or public establishments. However, there are certain exceptions to this rule. People can take off their masks when eating, drinking, or participating in indoor or outdoor sports.
- All private offices and workplaces, including public and private construction sites, are allowed to operate at full capacity. This is consistent with national issuances on vaccination requirements for on-site work. On the other hand, alternative work arrangements subject to hybrid or work-from-home setup are allowed.
- Agencies and other government instrumentalities can function at total capacity under Alert Level 1. Off-site work is subject to the relevant rules and regulations issued by the Civil Service Commission and the Office of the President.
- Public transportation in areas under alert level 1 is permitted to function at total capacity. When it comes to intrazonal and interzonal travel, passenger capacity will be subject to the lower passenger capacity rate between the point of origin and destination.
COVID-19 Rules under Alert level 1
- In terms of contact tracing, establishments are not required to have health declaration forms. However, digital contact tracing apps are still optional.
- On testing prioritization, the government will still implement testing protocols, especially for unvaccinated or with a higher exposure risk. RT-PCR testing kits are recommended, especially for private clinics and healthcare workers.
- The Hospital Infection Prevention and Control Committees (HIPCC) have the authority to implement testing protocols and relevant processes in health care facilities.
- Establishments are no longer required to set up isolation facilities within the workplace.
- People with mild to moderate COVID-19 cases will be managed by primary level care. Meanwhile, patients with severe and critical symptoms will be handled in the appropriate health care facility.
- For the purpose of claiming sick leave, a medical certification suffices as evidence for COVID-19 management.
- People above 18 must present proof of vaccination when entering mass gatherings or indoor establishments. These establishments are not limited to the following:
- In-person religious gathering; gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment, and funerals for those who died of causes other than Covid-19 and for the cremains of the Covid-19 deceased
- All indoor dining services of food preparation establishments
- All indoor personal care establishments
- Fitness studios, gyms, and venues for exercise and sport
- All indoor cinemas and movie houses at total capacity
- Meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibition events, and permitted venues for social events like engagement parties and the like.
- Venues for election related events
Keeping up with the Inter-Agency Task Force
Since the pandemic was first announced, a lot has changed. There have been amended guidelines to help businesses cope with the losses of the pandemic. Other relevant processes have been implemented to help the public remain productive. Even rules on public land transportation have changed in so many ways.
All of these rules have been imposed for the health benefits of the general public. However, keeping up with the latest rules and protocols can be challenging. That is why you need fiber internet for home.
With a reliable internet provider in the Philippines like Streamtech Technologies, you have access to high-speed internet at an affordable price. It’ll be easier for you to keep yourself updated on the latest rules when accessing the internet. You can also keep yourself productive even if you’re just at home.
With high-speed internet, businesses can continue their operations while following the rules imposed by the government. At the same time, you can access all relevant government links for your various needs.
Whether you’re a student, business owner, or member of the Philippine workforce, you benefit tremendously by investing in high-speed internet. That’s why you should entrust your fiber internet for home with Streamtech. Contact our team today to get started.