Videos are an increasingly influential tool of communication in the digital age. These video contents have also become an immense part of social media. Equipped with a reliable internet connection, people use social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook to share updates about their day-to-day lives, or simply just to keep in touch with family and friends.
When you go to a person’s profile on these social media sites, you can typically see their face in their profile picture as well as watch the videos on their feed. These short engaging videos are called reels. So what is it exactly and why do people like posting them?
We have published related articles. Check them out:
- Learn the Steps on How to Secure Your Facebook Account
- Most Famous TikTok Effects Trending this 2022
- What are the most famous TikTok songs in the Philippines this 2021?
What is a Reel?
Reels are vertical, short-form videos that can last up to 60 seconds. Users may record and edit video and photo clips set to music, then publish them to their Feed, Stories, and the Reels explore page on Instagram or Facebook.
Reels have been a fantastic tool for marketers and businesses to exercise their creative muscles and provide a visual experience beyond a grid post since its beginnings. On Instagram, Reels differ from other apps in that instead of viewing Reels from accounts they follow, users may see Reels from all Instagram profiles on the Reels page.
Similar to Tiktok, Reels provides a collection of editing and creative tools that enable users to make interesting and entertaining video content. Multi clip videos, filters, subtitles, interactive backdrops, stickers, and more may be included in reels.
Why Reels Matter on Social Media?
This popular feature is what propelled TikTok’s meteoric rise to fame, so this could be one factor why other social media platforms launched their own apps along with the following reasons:
After all, Reels is more than simply a fun sticker to adorn your Instagram Story with. The visibility of reels is excellent. Many “explore” feeds now have Reels material as the top video, which is shown considerably bigger than the rest of the postings on the page.
2. It’s Simple to Create Reels
Video content frequently demands significant time, money, and effort. Reels, like TikTok, are supposed to be short films (maximum of 15 seconds), so they don’t need a lot of time and can be made just inside the app. And, while they’re quick to make, they’re also short to consume, allowing viewers to learn more about you and your company without putting in a lot of effort.
3. Reels Videos are Permanent
Instagram already has a feature where you can make short films in Instagram Stories, but reels have the extra bonus of being permanent material, whereas stories only last for 24 hours (unless you save them as highlights to your profile). Because the material is theoretically simple to make, it’s a good idea to set aside time to batch-build a variety of reels so you can utilize them as part of your marketing strategy.
4. Reels Are Easy to Share
Reels have a fantastic sharing feature. You may share your reels to your story and grid as the creator. Additionally, viewers may simply share reels from their stories, letting you reach a larger and more diverse audience much more quickly.
How to make an Instagram Reel?
For Instagram users, here are the steps on how you can create a reel:
1. On your Android or iOS smartphone, open the Instagram app. To launch the Instagram camera, swipe in from the left or tap Your story from the home screen. Select the Reels icon from the options at the bottom.
2. To record your Reel, use the middle capture button. If you wish to add any additional effects or music, you can do it now or later in the editing process.
3. Add music and effects to your video if you wish to. You can search for a song from the Instagram music library. You can also use your own original audio by simply recording a reel with it.
4. Then hit Preview. This will allow you to get a preview of your short film and make any last-minute adjustments before publishing it. Tap Next once you’re finished.
5. Add a caption, a profile photo, and tags to your profile. You may rename audio files here if you have music.
6. You’ll also have the option to align your clips. This tool comes in handy when you’re looking to create seamless transitions between moments in your footage. If you want to watch, trim, or delete the previous clip you recorded, you can tap the clip and edit it.
7. Continue by scrolling down and pressing Next. To publish this short engaging video, click the blue Share button in the next pop-up. Your short engaging video will be viewable by all other users from the the tab with the same name at the bottom of the app after it has been submitted.
8. You may also select one of the many effects in the effect gallery, created both by Instagram and creators all over the world, to record multiple clips with different effects.
How to make Reels on Facebook?
For Facebook users, here are the things you need to do to create reels:
1. You can create Reels through the following: The feed (when you scroll down you will find the section between posts); a short video by clicking on the camera; under the “What’s on your mind?”; or via ‘Create a post’ from your brand page, in the ‘Photo/Video’, ‘Add to Story’ or ‘Reel’ options.
2. Before you start recording, be sure you edit every component of your Facebook Reel. You can use Facebook to add music, adjust the recording speed, apply effects, set a timer, and set a background for your film, which may be a Facebook template or a photo from your reel.
3. When you’re ready, press the record button. Make as many clips as your video requires. Remember that the time restriction is 30 seconds and that the video must last at least 3 seconds. Tap Next once you’ve finished recording your Reel.
4. On the video, add an explanation text and position it wherever on the screen. You may make the reel public, only visible to Facebook friends, or only visible to certain individuals.
5. When you’re through setting up the reel, go to the bottom and click Share reel.
Enjoy making reels on social media via Streamtech
On social media, the best way to draw the attention of your audience is to be entertaining. The Reel feature can be a great way to brand yourself and get your name and work out there. With this, you will need to have reliable fiber internet from one of the best internet providers in the Philippines.
Streamtech offers unlimited, high-speed internet to homes and businesses across the country. Subscribers can be guaranteed a fast and stable connection with our fiber plans, allowing them smooth access to online content that meets their demands. You can also avail of our internet with cable TV plans.